Association Sdružení Práh offers help and support with integration into society for people with severe mental illness from Brno and its surroundings.
Objectives of the Association
- Provide supportin fulfillingneeds of ourusers to work, live independently, fillfree time meaningfully,learn,make friends,improverelationships with family, be able to take care of theirhealth, find meaning andsignificancein their lives.
- Encourageself-help activities
- Promoteanddefendthe rights of usersand their immediate
- Destigmatization activities – improve the public perception of people with psychotic illness
- People with severe mental illness (schizophrenia, affective disorders)
from Brno and its surroundings
- Age over 18 years (over 15 only in social rehabilitation service)
The basic methods of work
It helps people with long-term psychiatric problems and disabilities increase their functioning so that they are successful and happy environment in which they have chosen to live with the least degree of continuous professional support. It focuses on developing skills and gaining as much independence of users.
Principles of service
Equal relationship with users of social services
Independent and professional approach to users
Individual work with users by writing individual rehabilitation plans
Working with the users in accordance with their wishes and decisions